Monday, March 11, 2013

March hares and easter bunnies and Alice Mary Lynch

This time last year I posted this in honour of the March Hare and the advent of Easter.  This year I want to show you these amazing dolls created by the designer Alice Mary Lynch and currently on display at Temperley London




Alice was a local girl,(to me!) training at Kingston University, London before going on to work for John Galliano, Christian Dior and Sonia Rykiel. She honed her craft in their studios full of stitching, beading and embellishment and thrived in the theatre of their catwalk shows.  Her latest whimsical creatures are made from vintage textiles and crystal beads.  She says ''I love imagination and humour, people who have their feet on the ground whilst dreaming, the poetry in everyday life. I like a certain vulnerability whilst standing strong, 1930's cabaret, dark shiny and mad, and silent films. I like the circus, the colours when the lights go down, the trapeze artist making an entrance. I like it behind the scenes, there are stories there too, and toys and childhood and history on our doorstep.'' 




 All these gorgeous hares come in a box frame and can be made to order...they don't come cheap but they are a one off.  For more information contact the designer directly.

Which one would you choose?

No comments:

Post a Comment