Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Ballerina Chic

 


There is something so graceful and compelling about the look of a classic ballerina; the posture, the slim limbs, enviable figure and the hard to put to bed myth of glamour and style. We all know the reality is actually somewhere inbetween this image and the life of a ballerina as portrayed in Black Swan. As a child I really wanted to be a ballerina; I loved the book Ballet Shoes by Noel Streatfield, fancying myself as Pauline Fossil. It wasn't to be. It turns out I had two left feet, I was too tall and too clumsy to even last a month in my class. I got over it...but I have never quite got over my fascination with the ballet world and the ballet look. I love wrap cardigans and ballet shoe flats; I can stare forever at pictures of ballerina's and a trip to the ballet is one of my rare pleasures.

Rehearsing in the studio
Graceful lines and beautiful precision of hand placement
 
Natural beauty
Swan Lake - a favourite


What's your favourite ballet or cultural activity?

No comments:

Post a Comment